Restore Retail Grant
In response to the lasting negative economic impact of the public health emergency, Prince William County established the Restore Retail Grant for customer-facing small businesses that either own or lease their facility and would include retail, restaurants/food service, arts & entertainment, event venues, personal services, and child program businesses.
Physical business address in Prince William County
Open and operating as of December 31, 2020 with a 2021 Prince William County Business License.
Commercial location under 25,000 contiguous square feet OR standalone entertainment venue with capacity more than 1,100 permanent seats.
Primary business operations in Arts; Entertainment; Event Venues*; Recreation;
Must have experienced financial hardship during the COVID-19 pandemic
*Wedding & Event Venues less than 20K square feet that is a permanent structure with plumbed restrooms located within the venue.
Industry Sectors - These are examples of common businesses within eligible industry categories
Childcare, Education, Instruction
Restaurants, Food Services
Indoor Recreation (Laser Tag, Escape Rooms, etc.)
*Wedding & Event Venues
Programing (Martial Arts, Dance, Music)
Gyms, Yoga, Fitness Studio
Brewery, Winery, Distillery
(Potomac Mills or Manassas Mall)
EFFECTIVE 8/5/2022 SBA Restaurant Revitalization Grant recipients are now eligible to apply.
- International/National Brands that are not locally owned and operated in Prince William County
- Franchise businesses, except those that are locally owned and operated in Prince William County
- Businesses delinquent on County taxes as of March 1, 2020
- Businesses within a Co-Working Space
- Gaming Emporiums and Gambling Establishments
- Vape, tobacco and CBD retailers
- Adult entertainment businesses
- Home-based businesses
Before you Apply, you’ll need to:
- Carefully review the eligibility criteria
- Know total square footage occupied and date the business occupied its commercial space
- Scan a copy of the lease or mortgage agreement showing
- Date the commercial space became occupied
- Total Square Footage occupied
- Signature Page to the agreement
- Scan a copy of the current Prince William County or Town Business License
For questions or assistance with the application, contact Clarice Grove, Small Business Manager at [email protected]